Effective as of June 22, 2016
Collection of Information
CATEGORIES OF NON-PUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect nonpublic personal information you provide to us when you register an account or when you communicate with us about your HRVcourse.com account. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Transactions With Us
As you use your HRVcourse.com account to perform financial transactions, we collect nonpublic personal information in connection with each transaction, including transaction time, dollar amount and merchant details. We may also collect memos or other information that you attach to your transactions.
Information From Other Sources
When you create an HRVcourse.com account, we may collect information, including nonpublic personal information, about you from nonaffiliated third party service providers in order to verify your identity.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may also collect other information from you that is not connected with an HRVcourse.com account as follows:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information you provide to us, such as your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we may collect such information if you send a message to our support channel or fill out a contact form.
Information We Collect Automatically from our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We collect country and language information, but do not access or use GPS location. For example, we may save something like: United States, English
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information on our Services and other websites, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use your information, including nonpublic personal information as follows:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Verify your identity;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by HRVcourse.com and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
HRVcourse.com is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose any information we collect about current and former customers, including nonpublic personal information, to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
- With Course Creators and Instructors;
- With another user, when you sign up for HRVcourse.com services via a referral link. The user that referred you may receive information indicating that you have enrolled with HRVcourse.com. You may avoid this sharing by not using a referral link to enroll;
- With other nonaffiliated companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. For example, in connection with our everyday business purposes, we may share information about you as follows:
- In response to a request for information, if we are required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process – we have not had to do this yet and will let you know if we do;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of HRVcourse.com or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of HRVcourse.com’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified Information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share general age demographic information with third parties for research purposes.
You may edit your account profile information by logging into your account via our Services. If you wish to delete or deactivate your online account, please contact us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from HRVcourse.com by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services include social sharing features for common social networks to let users share content. These features are served from third-party services that may serve their own cookies. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
HRVcourse.com takes reasonable measures to help protect all information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Additionally, HRVcourse.com implements policies designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information. HRVcourse.com limits access to your nonpublic personal information to employees that have a business reason to know such information, and implements security practices and procedures designed to protect the confidentiality and security of such information and prohibit unlawful disclosure of such information in accordance with its policies.